Looking for a gowning clean room design and construction contractor in Reading, Berks County PA capable of completing your project on time and on budget?
Then look no further than DESCCO Design & Construction of Fleetwood - Reading, Berks County, PA.
What is a Gowning Room?
A Gowning Room or Ante Room is the first barrier between your clean room and the surrounding environment. All employees, equipment, and materials going into the clean environment should enter through a gowning room. These areas may also be called Air Locks.
Gowning Rooms are where employees will sterilize and put on the appropriate attire before entering the clean room. A gowning room will typically be the same ISO classification as the clean-room or the next dirtiest classification.
For example, an ISO Class 6 clean room may have an ISO Class 6 or Class 7 Gowning Room.
Gowning Rooms Features:
- Stainless Steel Benches, Counters
- Tacky or Sticky Floor Mats
- Handwashing Sink and Sanitizer
- Green/Red Entry Indicator Lights
- Pass Through for Small Items
- Cleanroom Roll-Up Doors for Large Equipment
- Equipment Transfer Room
- Air Showers, Clean-room Furniture
Basic Clean-Room Gowning Room Procedure
A gowning room is designed to prevent contaminants from entering the clean-room. Typical procedures for entering a gowning room may include:
- Enter Gowning Room, a green light may be indicating it is ok to open the door. Only one door, exit or entry should be open at a time.
- Wash hands and sterilize with hand sanitizer. The sink might be inside or outside of the gowning room areas.
- Walk across sticky floor mat to capture any debris on your footwear.
- Put on appropriate cleanroom garments, gloves, shoe covers, gowns, hair net
A Line of Demarcation (LOD) separates the clean side of the ante room from the dirty side. A clean room bench may also separate the clean side from the dirty side and is used to put on shoe coverings.
DESCCO Design and Construction provides cleanroom and gowning rooms design, construction, and maintenance.